Ready for the new coarse fishing season?
We are back, baby ….. Monday June 16th sees the start of the 2014/ 15 coarse fishing season on the rivers and streams of England and Wales. The coarse river fishing season begins on June 16; the last day you can fish is March 14. Below is a quick check list to make sure you are ready:
- Check rod guides for wear
- Is your line nick free and not deteriorated
- Clean and grease reels
- Check all reel screws are tightened
- Check reel the bale arm spring
- Tidy tackle box
- For the best pike lures buy online here http://www.amazon.co.uk/s?ie=UTF8&field-keywords=FISHIN%20ADDICT&index=sports&search-type=ss
- What is your target fish? Bait of choice?
- Order in new bait – I find Decathlon good http://www.decathlon.co.uk/C-305691-carp-bait or ebay.
- Otherwise ASDA or Lidl for corn, meat and bread.
- Before you attempt to go fishing you must have a VALID rod licence. One licence covers 2 rods.
- Buy it online here http://www.postoffice.co.uk/rod-fishing-licence
- Join a club / syndicate or select the day ticket water.
- Research on the forums, Google earth maps and the waters own website. Speak to other anglers and the owner.
- How do you get there? Check out your route.
Tight lines… FISHIN ADDICT